Otay Mesa Parking: Safe Car Parking Lot by the Border. Safer and Cheaper Tijuana Airport Parking Alternative on the US border side. Park and shuttle 24/7.
Safe and secure parking in Otay Mesa at Delta Truck Parking lot. Pay $7.00 dollars a day for secure valet parking and very friendly service. It is cash only and we ask for your car keys in case we have to move your car. Your car will be fine upon your return. If you prefer NOT to leave your car key, pay $8.00 a day for safe and secure self-parking with the same friendly service.
Park and ride; we provide free 24-hour shuttle to and from the pedestrian border crossing. It is a smooth and short drive. It is available 24 hours, seven days a week.
As you would be able to see from our parking images in this page, this parking lot is primarily a commercial truck parking lot but we have a set-aside for 150 passenger cars. Also your car will be a bit on the dusty side upon your return as it is an uncovered parking lot structure. We have car canopies to provide covered parking for our customers but space is limited and subject to availability.
Otay Mesa Parking is a dependable friendly service for those looking for U.S. side parking for the Tijuana airport.
Business Address, Mailing Address and Hours of Operation
We are located at 8468 Airway Road, Otay Mesa, CA 92154.
Our mailing address is 2475A Paseo de las Americas, PMB 1057, San Diego, CA 92154.
Our OFFICE hours are Monday through Friday from 9am to 7pm.
Our parking hours of operation are 24 hours. The parking lot is attended and monitored 24 hours everyday, 7 days a week.
We are open at 3am Sunday or 1am Tuesday or 11:30pm December 30 or 5am on Thanks Giving Day or midnight on New Years Day. We are open 24 hours every single day of the year.
Parking Fees and Parking Reservations
Parking fees are flat $7.00 dollars a day for valet parking service and $8.00 dollars a day for self-parking service. Payment method is cash basis only. We don’t take credit and debit cards and we don’t take personal and business checks. Parking fee is the same regardless the type of family vehicle. It could be a small Focus or a Honda fit and even a Fiat. Or it could be a large SUV car like a Ford Excursion or Chevrolet 3500.
We have covered and uncovered parking. Parking fee is the same for either one $7.00 or $8.00 dollars a day. Cover parking is subject to availability. Most oversize vehicles might not fit in any of our car canopies.
Parking reservations are not taken and for the most part not required. We have room for up to 150 vehicles at any given time. READ MORE ON PARKING FEES…
Driving Directions: Map and Videos
We are located at 8468 Airway Road, Otay Mesa, CA 92154 (MAP)
1) Merge onto CA-905East from either I-5 or I-805. Both freeways merge with highway 905.
2) Take exit 7 for La Media Road and turn right at the traffic light.
3) drive for 1/2 mile on La Media on turn left at 1st stop sign for Airway Road
4) drive for 300 feet on Airway Road, we are on the right side of the road.
5) if you prefer to watch our video on how to get to our parking lot click here
From Delta Truck Parking to Tijuana Airport
1) we are 1.5 miles north of the border crossing and provide free shuttle to the border crossing line at any time of the day, any day of the week. We drop you off right at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway.
2) you will walk for about 5 minutes or less to across the border; Walking Across the Border into TijuanaVideo.
3) Take taxi in Tijuana border side to Tijuana airport. Taxis are readily available 24 hours everyday. They can be found at 3 different site locations. The taxi fare goes from $5 to $12.00 dollars. We recommend the ones closest to the border crossing. They are more expensive but more reliable. If you want to see what they all look like watch our video here Taxis in Tijuana Border Side to Tijuana Airport. Keep in mind that all taxis in this area are small like a Yaris or Sentra. The taxi fare is per trip and not per person. Bring change as taxi drivers never seem to have change. They take both Pesos and dollars.
The airport is just 2 miles west of the border crossing and the taxi should take no more than 10 minutes to get to the airport with traffic and about 5 minutes with no traffic. To walk across it will take you five minutes or less and for us to drive to the border crossing about 5 minutes or less. All in all it should take you 20 minutes or less to go from Delta Parking to Tijuana Airport.
From Tijuana Airport Back to Delta Truck Parking
To get back to Delta Parking from Tijuana airport is fast, easy and safe.
1) take taxi at the airport terminal back to Otay Mesa border crossing (Garita de Otay). Expect to pay $15.00 dollars or less for the taxi ride. Taxis are available 24 hours everyday. Any taxi company at the airport terminal is safe to use.
2) Taxi driver will drop you off near the Otay Mesa border crossing (see these pictures to illustrate). Make sure you stand in the right pedestrian line for you. The lines are NOT marked but if you see someone standing against the wall that’s the normal line, the one in the middle of the sidewalk is for Ready Lane user and the one against the curb edge is for Sentry card holders. See Ready Lane documents requirements here.
3) go through US Customs, call us at (619) 721‑0087 and let us know that you need to be picked up and start walking to your left as you come out of the building. Walk straight up for three minutes or less to the end of the road and wait for us at the First Bank parking lot. Do not wait for us at the cul-de-sac but inside the bank’s parking lot (Read More: Pick Up Procedures Upon Your Return)
Shuttle to Otay Mesa Border Crossing
Free 24-hour shuttle to Otay Mesa border crossing. We provide free shuttle to and from the pedestrian border crossing at Otay Mesa. To drop you off at the border crossing there is minimum wait for the shuttle. To pick you up at the border crossing the wait time is 15 minutes or less.
Pick up procedures upon your return are these: as you come out of the US Customs building turn left and walk for five minutes or less to the end of the road. You will come to a cul-de-sac or turn-around area. To the left of that turn-around you will see bank building, First Bank, wait for us at the bank’s parking lot. DO NOT WAIT for us at the culd-de-sac sidewalk. Wait for us inside the bank’s parking lot.
Walk Across to Tijuana
Otay Mesa border crossing for pedestrians is open 24 hours on both sides of the border.Its is open 24 hours every single day.
Driving through Otay Mesa into Tijuana, the border crossing is open 24 hours everyday. Driving back to Otay Mesa the border is open 24 hours for Ready Lane and regular lines. Sentri line for cars is open Monday through Friday from 5am to 10pm. On both sides of the border for weekends and holidays, Sentri for cars is open until midnight.
There are taxis available on both sides of the border. On the US border sides taxis are not available 24 hours but on the Mexican side taxis are available 24 hours everyday.
To save time when walking back across obtain one of the several Ready Lane documents. Ready Lane Document Requirements. To apply for Global Entry Card, Sentry, FAST or Nexus click here.
To read more about Otay Mesa border crossing from where to pick up or drop some off at the border line click here Otay Mesa Border Crossing.
Take Taxi in Tijuana to Tijuana Airport
Taxis in Tijuana to Tijuana airport are available 24 hours. There are three taxi sites in Tijuana where you can take a taxi to the airport. The taxi site closest to the border crossing through Otay Mesa is the most expensive one but the most reliable too.
If you want to know what things look like and how much you need to walk to get a taxi, watch this video we created a few years ago. Few things have changed ever since but for the most part it looks practically the same way today.
The taxis nearest to the border crossing are available 24 hours every day and the fare to the airport is flat $12.00 for the ride. The other ones are NOT available 24 hours everyday and their fee is flat $5.00 dollars for the ride to the airport.
Two things to keep in mind (1) Make sure you bring exact change. Taxi drivers never seem to have enough change.If you want to avoid giving a big tip, bring change. They all take US dollars. (2) Remember that taxis in Mexico are small and if you travel with a group of five or more, you might need to take two cars. To give you a better idea of what to expect when taking a taxi in Mexico, imagine a group of five adults in a Toyota Corolla or VW Beettle. READ MORE ON TAXIS TO TIJUANA AIRPORT.….
If you have a great or not so great comment to let others know about our Otay Mesa parking services, please use any of the social media sites or this website to express your point of view.
Booked a great deal on a flight to Cancun outta Tijuana on Volaris…but then came the dilemma of getting to and from TJ. I didn’t want to pay a king’s ransom for door to aeropuerto shuttle service nor did I want to deal with a shuttle to and from downtown. Alas, Otay Mesa parking at the Delta Truck Parking lot. I paid $7/day for secure parking and very friendly service from both Miguel and his employees who answered all questions. It is cash only and they do ask for your keys in case they have to move your car…but I had no problem with this and the car was fine upon my return. The shuttle to and from the pedestrian border was smooth. As others have noted, it is primarily a commercial truck parking lot but they have a set-aside for passenger cars. Also your car will be a bit on the dusty side upon your return as it is uncovered parking. All in all, a dependable friendly service for those looking for U.S. side parking for the Tijuana airport. Read more than 30 five-star reviews on Yelp.