This page is a collection of the top questions we are asked every single day. The questions are listed from the most common ones to the seasonal ones.
If your question is not on this list, just send us an email and we’ll send back an email with the best possible answer.
TOP 46 QUESTIONS
48) If the shuttle drops me off at the Otay Mesa border to walk cross, where can I take a cab to to take me to airport, how much should I pay for the taxi ride and how far is the airport from the border crossing?
1) RESERVATIONS: Yes, you need to make a reservation. In fact, prepaid reservations are required. For online payment types, we take any debit and credit card. We also take Discover and PayPal. For on-site payment types, we only take cash. Back to top of page.
2) LONG-TERM PARKING: Yes we provide long-term, same-day, weekend and overnight parking. The parking rate is the same for all types of parking services, $10.00 a day. Back to top of page.
3) SHUTTLE SERVICE COST: There is no cost for shuttle service. It’s free for Delta Truck Parking customers. It’s provide 24-hour and on demand. We drive a Hyundai Ionic for small groups, a Toyota Sienna for mid size groups and a 12 passenger van for large groups. For very large groups we make two or more trips. Back to top of page
4) SHUTTLE TO CBX: Yes, there is free 24-hour shuttle service for Delta Truck Parking customers to CBX bridge. Shuttle driving time to the CBX terminal, it’s just a 2-mile (5-10 min drive, subject to traffic). Back to top of page
5) PASSENGER PICK-UP AREA AT CBX: Shuttle wait time is about 15 minutes and you need to call to be picked up. DO NOT send a text or an email to be picked up. https://otaymesaparking.com/cbx-passenger-pickup-area Back to top of page
6) SHUTTLE TO OTAY MESA BORDER: Yes, there is free 24-hour shuttle service to the Otay Mesa border crossing walkway. Shuttle driving time to the Otay Mesa border crossing, it’s just also a 2-mile (5-10 min drive, subject to traffic). Back to top of page
7) PASSENGER PICK-UP AREA AT OTAY MESA BORDER: Shuttle wait time is about 15 minutes. Call to be picked up. DO NOT send a text or an Email. https://otaymesaparking.com/otay-mesa-passenger-pickup-area Back to top of page
8) SHUTTLE TO TIJUANA AIRPORT: No, there is neither free nor for-hire shuttle service to Tijuana airport. Back to top of page
9) SHUTTLE TO SAN DIEGO AIRPORT: No, there is neither free nor for-hire shuttle service to Tijuana airport. Back to top of page
10) CAR/BOOSTER SEATS: No, we do not provide car or booster seats. Back to top of page
11) POWERED WHEELCHAIRS: No, shuttle van is not equipped to accommodate for powered wheelchairs and scooters. Back to top of page
12) PETS: No, no pets allowed in the shuttle vehicles, unless otherwise noticed. Back to top of page
13) ABOUT SHUTTLE VAN SERVICE: free 24-hour “ON DEMAND” shuttle to/from Otay Mesa border crossing and CBX bridge. On the return, you must call to be picked up. Shuttle wait time is 15 minutes. Shuttle capacity is for 10 adult passengers, for larger groups two or more trips are required. Shuttle service is available only for Delta Truck Parking customers. Back to top of page
14) MOTORHOMES: No, we don’t accept motor homes. Back to top of page.
15) BOATS, AIR CRAFTS, JET SKIES: No, we don’t accept boats, jet skies, air crafts, boat trailers, jet sky trailers and any type of aircraft and any type of maritime equipment. Back to top of page.
17) SAME DAY PARKING RESERVATION: For same day reservations, pay in cash for today and use the reservation form to pay for the rest of the trip. Then send us an email letting us know that you will arrive today and have already paid for the rest of the trip. Back to top of page
19) DISCOUNTS/COUPONS: No, there are no discounts, coupons, monthly or weekend fees available at this time. Back to top of page
20) PARKING COST: Car parking rate for a standard vehicle; meaning, no double/twin rear axle, is flat $10.00 for every 24 hours. The daily parking rate is NOT PRORATED; meaning, you pay full day if you go over one hour. Back to top of page
21) PARKING COST FOR SUV OR EXTENDED PICK-UP TRUCK: Parking rate is flat $10 a day for any type of passenger vehicle, from a small Toyota Yaris to a full size SUV, pickup truck or passenger van, as long as the vehicle doesn’t come with double/twin axle or any type/size of cargo/storage trailer. The daily parking fee is NOT PRORATED; meaning, you pay full day if you go over one hour. . Back to top of page
22) OVERSIZE VEHICLE: An oversize vehicle is considered a vehicle that is pulling any type cargo/bike/moving/horse/car/storage/etc trailer. Also, an oversize vehicle is any type of vehicle with a double and/or twin axle. In this case, the rate is $12.00 a day. The daily parking rate is NOT PRORATED; meaning, you pay full day if you go over one hour. . Back to top of page
23) CHARGING STATIONS: No, we do’t provide charging stations for electric vehicles. Back to top of page
24) PARKING COST CALCULATIONS: We add $10.00 every 24 hours. We start the moment a parking ticket is issued and it stop when you are back to pick your car up. Parking rate is NOT pro-rated. You pay for a full day. Back to top of page
25) CAR KEYS: The parking lot is structured for big rigs. So 4 cars share one 10’x70 parking slot. The keys are needed to make room for the car leaving in front of yours. Customer are not allowed to pull their own cars out of the pool of car. We take care of that to avoid accidents. Back to top of page
26) CAR KEY REFUSAL: It’s required to leave the keys, no exceptions. You are welcome to find parking somewhere else if this is a problem for you. Back to top of page
27) RESERVATIONS REQUIRED: PRE-PAID reservations are required. Walks-ins are not accepted. Back to top of page
28) PARKING LOT OPERATION HOURS: We are open 24 hours, 7 days a week and every single day of the year, no exceptions. Back to top of page
29) HOW FAR IN ADVANCE: Reserve a spot for your car at least 2 days in advance in low season, at least one week in advance in high season (mid May through mid September), at least three weeks in advance for July 4th, at least one month in advance for Thanks Giving and at least 45 days in advance for mid December. Back to top of page.
30) WHO ELSE IS ALLOWED TO PICK-UP MY CAR: When you arrive to the parking lot we create a new parking ticket. At this time, you might want to add the parking ticket the names of one, two or more people. They will be allowed to pick your car up for you, no questions asked. Otherwise, you would need to call or send an email providing us with the name of the person that will pick the car for you. The telephone number or email address must be the same used in the online reservation process or the information provided on the parking ticket. Back to top of page
31) LOST PARKING TICKET: If you lose your parking ticket, the person on the ticket must identify himself with a valid federal photo ID such as a driver’s license, Sentry/Global entry card, passport, Ready Lane card. Back to top of page
32) RESTROOMS: Yes, there are portable restrooms onsite. Back to top of page
33) LIABILITY INSURANCE: No, we do not provide liability insurance for your vehicle. Back to top of page
34) COVERED/INDOOR PARKING: No, there is no covered or indoors parking available. There is only open-air parking. Back to top of page
35) PARKING LOT SAFE: Yes, the parking lot is safe. It’s fully fenced and GRAVELED. There is one gate. The gate is locked at all hours. Access to the parking lot is ONLY for customers with A valid reservation. walk-ins are not admitted. The parking lot is attended and monitored full time. Back to top of page
36) PARKING CONFIRMATION EMAIL: A parking reservation confirmation email is automatically sent out right after payment is submitted. Check your spam/trash, socials or promotion inbox folders. If you do not find your confirmation email in any of those inbox email folders, send us an email to verify if payment was processed. Back to top of page
37) PARKING FOR TWO OR MORE UNITS: If you need to reserve parking for two or more vehicles, please reserve parking for each vehicle. One car, one reservation. Two cars, two reservations. Ten cars, ten separate reservations. Back to top of page
38) TYPE OF PARKING: Yes Delta Truck Parking is also for passenger vehicles. We only make room for up to 50 cars on any given day. On weekends, major holidays, high season and mid December, we run out of parking weeks in advance. Back to top of page.
39) PARKING RECOMMENDATIONS: No, we don’t recommend any other parking lots. Back to top of page
40) EXTRA TIME ALLOWED FOR PAPERWORK, SHUTTLE, ETC: First; allow 10 minutes for paper work at the parking lot. Then allow for 5 to 10 minutes for transportation to the Otay Mesa border or CBX terminal. Back to top of page.
If you go through Otay Mesa border crossing, allow for a 15-minute walk to reach the taxi stand in Tijuana and a 10-min drive to the airport. If you go through CBX, allow for a 15-minute walk to go through the entire bridge.
On major holidays and vacation time, add another 30 to 45 minutes due to traffic. Friday afternoon is the busiest day of the week, driving to the border.
Sunday is the busiest day of the week walking and driving back across the border. Back to top of page
41) UNUSED DAYS REFUND: Unused days are non-refundable, unless noted otherwise. Back to top of page
42) OTAY MESA BORDER CROSSING HOURS OF OPERATION: The Otay Mesa border crossing is open 24 hours, 7 days a week, 365 days a year for both cars and pedestrian and on both sides of the border. Back to top of page
44) ABOUT CROSS BBORDER XPRESS: Cross Border Xpress aka CBX bridge is a sky bridge located on the Otay Mesa US border side and connects Tijuana airport passengers with Tijuana airport terminal. The sky bridge is connected on both sides of the border. To read more, visit the official website here Cross Border Xpress. Back to top of page
45) BEST SAN DIEGO/TIJUANA BORDER CROSSING FOR TIJUANA AIRPORT: The best border crossing to get to Tijuana airport by car is the Otay Mesa border crossing. Back to top of page.
To walk across the border to get to Tijuana Airport the best ways are at the Otay Mesa border crossing and at the Cross Border Xpress terminal.
Your last choice, in my opinion is driving or walking across at San ysidro to get to Tijuana Airport. It’s just too crowded, too much traffic in Tijuana. Back to top of page
46) RESERVATION CANCELLATIONS: To cancel a reservation, send us an email and include the name and email address used to reserve. If possible, include the booking number. There is a $20.00 cancellation fee if parking is cancelled up to the start of the reservation. After the start of the parking reservation, all bookings are non-refundable, even if you, the buyer was unable to use the parking. Back to top of page.
48.1) If the shuttle drops me off at the Otay Mesa border to walk cross, where can I take a cab to to take me to airport? Taxis to the airport are located in Tijuana, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To get there, our driver will drop you off right in front of the border crossing pathway.
It’s an easy 5 to 7 minute walk on a flat and fully paved pathway. The border is open 24 hours, 7 days a week for both car and pedestrians. It would feel similar to walking across the length of a football field.
48.2) how much should I pay for the taxi ride? Expect to pay $12 to $15 for the yourself or the whole group. The fare is for the ride and not for each passenger. If you are a surfer, bring your own stripes. Taxi drivers use compact cars like a Nissan Sentra, Honda Civic, Honda Fit, Toyota Corolla. There are no minivan or full size vehicle available.
At the airport you can find several taxi companies and 15-passenger vans and many more transportation options but NOT at the border. At the border there’s only one taxi company that is allowed to provide the service.
48.3) how far is the airport from the border crossing? The airport is just 2 miles West of the border crossing or a very easy 5-minute drive.
Back to top of page.